NEW YEARS SALES NOW ON. FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS + HUGE DISCOUNTS!!

FIRE OFFICER LOSES HER HOME DUE TO A FAULTY CHARGER

Phone charger fire - Firemole

Phone chargers are a common sight these days and many people leave them plugged in continuously. Both genuine and third party chargers can be dangerous and are the cause of a number fires and burn injuries every year.

Jane Allred is the fire prevention officer for the state of Wyoming in the United States. In January 2017, Jane fell victim to the very thing she works hard trying to prevent. Jane plugged in her genuine phone charger and had to leave the house to do a small job. When Jane arrived back home, the house was on fire and completely destroyed.

The cause was the phone charger which had been left plugged in. Jane and her husband lost everything in the fire. Luckily there were no injuries and their dog, who nearly lost its life, was successfully revived by firefighters at the scene.

Jane and her husband are urging people to take care when charging electronics as things can go bad very quickly. Jane’s daughter has set up a Go Fund Me page and if you would like to donate, follow the link below.

https://www.gofundme.com/bv-relief-for-calamity-jane

Stories like this are in the news every day due to life being more and more intertwined with technology. Even though most genuine chargers have safety mechanisms built in, things can and do go wrong, just like in Jane’s case.

Many people, especially teenagers, charge their phones next to their beds while they sleep at night. The toxins released from a burning charger will have you knocked out before any smoke alarm goes off. Being given an early warning of dangerous temperatures will give people the time to react to the situation, potentially saving themselves and their property.